Saturday 11 April 2015

This Is India

This is India

I've been here for about 3 weeks now.

And we had a big 5 day conference where the whole organization gets together and we discuss the different projects we are working on in our clusters (area). I didn't know what to expect but it's mandatory so I was down for it.

Day 1 and 2 we received the other clusters in Naddi and it was fun. I got to meet everyone and realized we were an eclectic bunch. We presented our current and future projects to our colleagues. But on day 3 we all moved to Rait to finish up the quarterlies.

We woke up super early and travelled by bus which was super late but off course this is india and time is infinite here.

"It happens, it will happen again, it's complex, sit". back and enjoy, this is india"

You just sit back and enjoy cause nothing ever goes as planned and you are wired to always be ready for that.


We decided that the whole organization should sleep under one roof because we hardly get to be together so why split up now. No tvs or radios just us having to entertain one another, 30 different personalities in one house, life bound to get interesting.We spent our nights playing games and getting to know one another. We spent our days playing with the kids from the community, cleaning the community and gaining new perspectives on the different projects we are working on. Maybe 8 people are from the same country.

We are literally an eclectic group of young adults after the same thing. Living a life where you follow your bliss and not societies way of living.


Just by being in the house I feel like I visited the Netherlands, Spain, Italy, France, Scotland, Belgium, Vietnam Brazil, Australia, Sweden, Canada, California, Colorado and India. Here we are from different backgrounds, different cultures, languages and favorite foods. But yet we discovered that we are ALL CONNECTED.

In the words of my favorite french Hippie "We are all Care Bears trying to spread joy and love". What I'm loving the most about this experience is the fact that I am learning things I would've never learned if I stayed home and listen to fears and discouraging voices in the background telling me I can't do it.

All I did was listen to my heart and follow my curiosity. I didn't sit in a classroom. But I managed to learn more in one week than I ever did in school. Nothing great comes from your comfort zone.

I'm eating food whose name I can't pronounce, meeting people who's home language I do not understand

Yet we all know one language. The language of the Soul of the World.

Since I started working here I haven't used my alarm clock once but yet I catch the sunrise over the beautiful horizon every morning either while sharing it with someone from back home or with one of my many new friends while having a parantha.

I am excited about going to work despite some of hurdles I've encountered while here.

The best thing I've learned so far is;
When you're truly doing something out of passion hurdles become challenges you look forward to overcome and complaining about the little things become a thing of the past.

If you all don't learn nothing from me I beg of you to learn this...

Follow your bliss.
Lose it all if you have to I promise it's worth it.


"When you want something the whole universe conspires in helping you to achieve it " Paulo Cohelo

Til Next Time
Namaste

Whitney - USA and Haiti
EVT Coordinator, Naddi

No comments:

Post a Comment